A watermelon radish is the prettiest root vegetable you’ll ever see! It’s name is not because of the flavor, but because of it’s pale green outside and hot pink hues inside. People seem confused about how to use it, but I’ve made this simple salad many times during warm months and it’s not only nice to look at, but delicious!!
Watermelon Radish & Cucumber Salad
4 medium sized watermelon radishes, washed and thinly sliced
2 cucumbers, sliced lengthwise to remove seeds, then into half moons
1 small Vidalia onion, sliced into thin rings and then halved
1 Avocado, halved and pitted, diced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Slice watermelon radishes into thin slices using mandolin.
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop down the middle to remove seeds. Slice into thin half moons using the mandolin.
- Slice onion into thin slices using mandolin. Cut slices in half.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and cilantro in bowl. Gently stir in diced avocado.
- Alternate radishes, onions, and cucumbers on plate. Top with dressing.
Recommended to eat with a simple grilled grouper. Enjoy!